Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

I had a lovely Mother's Day this year. In fact, I believe it was probably the best Mother's Day ever!!  Yes, that good.  I'm only sharing this now because before this I was not at liberty to talk about it.

We had dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse, one of my very favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor because of the delicious food, the clearly identifiable gluten free dishes, and the capable wait staff who understand that those who cannot eat gluten really CANNOT eat any gluten. I really appreciate how thoughtful and well-informed they are.

My oldest daughter and son-in-law had dinner with us, as well as my two youngest daughters and my son John.
Here I am with Liz..

And here I am with Mary....

And now with John, who we are happy to have back on American soil!

It was starting to be a pretty typical Mother's Day. Great dinner and time with my family.


Then, as I opened gifts, Anne dropped the bombshell. Once someone shows me how to transfer photos from my phone to my computer I will show you my reaction. I completely fell apart.

My last gift was a tiny bag with something made of white cotton all rolled up. I unrolled it to read the words Anne had written on the onesie, "Grandma's Favorite. December 2015"

I'm going to be a grandma!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so filled with joy, so completely overwhelmed that I could barely stop crying.

Here we are. The parents and the grandparents of the tiny baby who will make his/her appearance this December.


We could not be happier. As I said, best Mother's Day ever!!!

I AM SO EXCITED TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Sharla Ynostrosa said...

You have a beautiful family! I am so happy for you and your family, being a grandma is the best! Blessings to all of you!

Mimi said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations

Sarah said...

Congratulations!

Denise said...

Congratulations! You are going to love being a grandmother! So happy for you!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so very much.

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D
<3 Kelsey