Monday, September 29, 2014

Smart Phone Lesson-- Less is More


Such a pretty face.
Cute little phone.  Love the color.
I wrote last week that I hate my new smart phone.

Do I still hate it?  Yes, but not as much.

It's very attractive to look at.  I like that.

I'm getting better at typing messages and that is nice.

But I still have to redo a lot of typing and and I still get stuck being unable to move the cursor...I know what you're supposed to do but sometimes it doesn't work for me.

If I hadn't stopped biting my nails a few months ago I think typing would be easier.

My advice to myself about my smart phone is this:  Stop trying so hard.  The harder I try, the more I mess up.  Less attention to what I'm doing seems to be better than more.  I think, as is true with many things, the more I focus on being aware of what I'm doing, the more I block my body's ability to unconsciously adjust to what is needed.  I'm speaking primarily about typing and getting just the right pressure and just the right spot.

Maybe a life lesson here.  Less is more.

No comments: