Monday, February 17, 2014

I love sunny weather in the winter.  This year it is particularly welcome because the sidewalks have been snow and ice covered for so long.  Even when the temperature stays well below freezing the sun can melt the snow on the sidewalks.

Yesterday, they looked like this picture.  Today, there is mostly concrete!  Why does this matter?  There is ice under most of the snow and I don't want to fall when walking our dog.  Ice with a little bit of snow covering can be really treacherous. Dry pavement?  Love it.  Even if it's cold, the dry pavement is wonderful.

It may even go up into the 40s this week!!  I can't wait!  If, and it's a big if, the streets are dry I may even go out for a bike ride with my daughter!  Spring can't be far away!  (OK, I've got a calendar.  It IS far away but what a taste of Spring to be able to go for a bike ride.0

No comments: