Friday, August 03, 2012

Lucky is gone...

Lucky died yesterday.  I was out of town on a college visit with Mary and Mike called to let us know.

We're all very sad.  I am grateful though that I think our prayers were heard that she would have a peaceful end.  At 4:45 AM Mike let her outside.  At 6:00 she was no longer breathing.  She died at home which is what Liz wanted.  At 4:45 she was still able to go up and down the stairs so whatever the final event was, it was fast.

She was a very dear dog.  So sweet.  The only "trouble" she ever got into was chewing up tissues.  LOL  Pretty manageable.

She loved her family.  When we left the house she was always in the window watching us leave.

We were blessed to have her, even if only for slightly less than 8 years.  She would have been 8 years old on August 7.

God is good to have given us dogs.  They are so faithful, so good to us.

                                      (Liz and Lucky--2008)

Lucky will be sorely missed.  Thanks for your prayers.

6 comments:

Denise said...

So sorry for your loss but I am so glad you were blessed with such a wonderful companion for eight years. I know I am quite attached to my dog. They become part of the family and it hurts when they leave us.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Denise. I believe I remember hearing about your dog too on your blog. (BTW, I just tried to post a comment on your blog. I hope I didn't post it multiple times. Kept trying to get through the robot barrier thing. I'm finding them increasingly hard to decipher. :-)

Sarah Oldham said...

My heart aches for you guys. I know this all too much myself. HUGS!!!

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much, Sarah.

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry, we lost our dear elderly cat earlier this year. I still miss her every day.
Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. Just like Sarah O..your doggie..so darn cute..I know it has to be so hard at times. Are you hoping to get another little doggie? :)