Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trip to Notre Dame and Back


Had the distinct pleasure today of driving my oldest son Mike back to South Bend. Above is a photo of the Basilica at Notre Dame, which was looking especially beautiful.

We went right to the Grotto, one of my favorite places, said the rosary, and then promptly ran into old friend Joe O. It was one of those "coincidences" that make the world seem small.

Then we had dinner at Reckers, a place we often visited when Mike was a student there. He mentioned that next year there will be a five year reunion of his graduating class. FIVE YEARS?!?! I'm sorry. I just don't believe that.

Then I took Mike home. He gave me a tour of his new living situation and I headed back home.

It's about a three hour drive. But it was very peaceful. Good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best friend is leaving tomorrow to start her freshman year at Notre Dame!! :D
<3 Kelsey

Rosemary said...

Oh, Kelsey, she will love it....especially if she loves the blessed Mother. Don't ask me why. It's like you can feel her presence, in spite of ND's faults. Have you been there?

Suzanne said...

I'm going to a wedding in South Bend this weekend!

Rosemary said...

Really, Suzanne. What church?

Anonymous said...

I've never been but my theology teacher and his wife met there, so I hear LOTS of wonderful stories when I visit my high school or babysit for them. :) I want to visit while she's there if I ever get the opportunity!
<3 Kelsey

Suzanne said...

St. Patrick's and a reception at the country club. I'll have to write about this amazing couple one of these days...such and example for young people who are engaged!