Sunday, February 20, 2011


Here comes the snow! We've had several days of warmish weather during which time a lot of the snow on the roads and on the sides of driveways melted. We were just at the point where we could easily park cars and not be in danger of getting stuck as we started out.

But now, more snow. It's beautiful. I do like it. But driving can be kind of scary. My new 16 yo driver is out right now picking up some scrap booking supplies. I hope she gets home soon. She's a very good driver. But anything can happen on slippery roads.

We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow before it turns to freezing rain. One report actually predicts freezing fog. Interesting. I don't know if I've ever heard that phrase before. And we actually have a prediction for HOW MUCH freezing rain. 1/4 inch. Sheesh. Does that mean that's how much will fall or that's how much will be frozen onto the roads when it's all finished? I suspect the latter.

There's no school tomorrow anyway so that's a relief. We can just stay cozy.

Hope Mary gets home soon. Stay safe, everyone!

No comments: