Friday, January 15, 2010

Strength from adversity...
















Here is my diehard snapdragon. It's still hanging on as it does every winter. As you can see the remaining blossoms are tissue paper thin and translucent. This plant continues to amaze me. Here it is in mid-January, having survived single digit temperatures. Leaves are still green. You can even still see the faint pink of its last blooms.

From the time it started blooming on its own between a rock and the wall, it has continued to be a metaphor for me of the strength that comes from adversity.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hello, Rosemary..my computer is fixed..its late, so I won't be reading much, but hope to catch up on some things soon.

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love gardening. It is amazing how we can grow in adversity. Thank you for sharing!