Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Update on Rich!!!

Some of you have kindly asked how my brother is doing so here are some more pictures.

He's doing great.  He's eating thickened liquids now (pudding, cream of wheat,etc.)

This morning he's having a barium esophagram to confirm that there are no leaks in the "new
system."

He's walking the 1/5 mile loop around his floor and he's doing it four times a day!

Could be discharged today or tomorrow!!!  Thank you all you intercessors!!

Below:  My sister, Rich, and me.


The kids made posters for him.  Wish this first one showed up better because some of the messages are hilarious.  For example:

"Be tube-free!!"   niece Mary

"Get that esophagus out of here!"    nephew Matt

"Good job!  Oh yeah, Dr. Chang!"   niece Liz

"Who needs an esophagus anyway?"  sister Maryanne

"I'm not a jedi yet, but my surgeon is"   Rich!



Rich with darling daughter Monique!

Rich with his awesome kids Monique and Mitchie...


Thank you for all your prayers.  If you would, please pray for a successful esophagram today and continued healing for my brother.  God bless you all for your generosity!!!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Of course! Great pics..love the joyous and humorous side of things...doesn't it make it so much better? Prayers! :)

Sarah - Kala said...

Great news and wonderful pics! He has my prayers!!

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, look at how much healthier he looks! Continued prayers.

Melissa-Mc said...

I'm so glad to hear he is doing well. I had 2 major surgeries last year, and it is a big deal when you can walk around the hall. He will continue to be in my prayers.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all!!!

Lyndsie Miles said...

It is so nice to hear him doing better and better. I pray that everything continues to go well!