Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update on Rich!!!

Here is an update on my brother Rich:

He had the feeding tube inserted on Friday.  Since then he has gained three pounds!!!!

I called him the other night and he said he was out to dinner with his kids and his in-laws.

"You're out to dinner?"  I asked, knowing he can only drink clear liquids by mouth.

He said, "Well, everyone else is eating dinner.  I'm having a glass of white wine and a Sierra Mist."

I thought Good for Him!!!  He's not sitting home worrying.  He's out there having fun just as he should, even with the tube hanging out of him. 

Clearly, God is sustaining him, in answer to your prayers!!!!

Thank you!!!!  Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday!!! 

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
Now you get to report weight gain! Now its for a good reason.
God bless.

ukok said...

Thanks be to God!

I will pray for Rich on Tuesday especially.

Sarah - Kala said...

Continued prayers and thanksgiving!

Mimi said...

Whohoooooo! Thanks be to God!

Kellan said...

I will be keeping your brother in my prayers.

Have a great weekend, Rosemary. See you soon - Kellan

Suzanne said...

Rosemary...
Did you hear Obama is going to speak at Notre Dame graduation? Oh my goodness.. I don't know if you agree, but I am sick about this. I just don't understand some things for the life of me. Oh well.

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, I am so sick about it I can hardly speak.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Excellent news! My prayers continue.