Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pope Benedict speaks to Speaker Pelosi

As you all probably know, the Vatican has reported the following on Nancy Pelosi's meeting with the Holy Father

"His Holiness took the opportunity to speak of the requirements of the natural moral law and the Church's consistent teaching on the dignity of human life from conception to natural death which enjoin all Catholics, and especially legislators, jurists and those responsible for the common good of society, to work in co-operation with all men and women of good will in creating a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development.

God bless the Holy Father who, with the mercy of Jesus, spoke the truth to Nancy Pelosi. May her heart be moved and brought to repentance. And may all those Catholics who think Pelosi's position is compatible with Catholic moral theology take heed. Lord have mercy. May the light of your truth shine forth on this issue.

3 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

It amazes me how Satan has convinced so many to believe that life isn't sacred.

Life and the powers that create life are very sacred, and only to be used according to Heavenly Father's Laws. Not thrown about as a form of worldly entertainment, but for those who, in love are married. I could go on for a while, but I’ll leave it at that.

Rosemary, thank you so much for having a place where I can feel free to share my thoughts and feelings. It is so nice to be able to freely express myself.

Love,
Lyndsie

Rosemary said...

Lyndsie, thanks for expressing yourself here! It is a blessing for me and for others, I'm sure. And to your comment I say unequivocably AMEN!

Sarah - Kala said...

Well said, Lynz.

Rosemary - thanks for sharing this.