Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Support for the March

My two youngest daughters are in seventh and eighth grades.  They had to miss two days of school to go to the March.  All of the teachers were very supportive and helpful, especially considering that the girls were missing the last two days of the quarter and there were finals to be made up, etc.

They both have the same religion teacher.  (They attend a wonderful Catholic school.)  Mr. N. said he thought it was great they were going to the March.  In fact, he said, because I want to encourage pro-life activities, you can both skip your tests completely.  Mary was standing there.  He said, "As long as you tell me all about the March....and not just 'it was fun and there were a lot of people.'  OK?"

Mary said, "OK!!!"

Then after our return he not only excused them from the test but also gave them extra credit points.  (smile--  I love this teacher.)   You gotta love Mr. N.



Both girls told him all about the March.  (Smile)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming you mean Mr. D.N. (?), he IS a terrific teacher and man. We have been so blessed that Teddy went there -- it is the school where he learned to be a good student and a good Catholic. I have told many people about your trip to D.C. with your girls. I am proud to know you!

Sarah - Kala said...

God bless Mr. N!! I'm glad you took the girls. I keep hearing from those I know that it really changes your life to go. I'll be in the crowds in HI next year.

Rosemary said...

Yes, Ruthann, Daniel. I couldn't agree more.
Sarah, thank you. I will be jealous of you in HI

Ann said...

How wonderful that your daughters were able to go on the March, and that their school supported them so completely!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Participating in something so important is well worth missing school. But, what an AWESOME teacher!