Friday, January 30, 2009

The Poinsettia is still alive! And looking pretty good.


The Poinsettia is still alive!!!


I enjoy gardening in the summer....with moderate success.  Sun and rain help a lot.  But indoor plants?  I'm usually not real successful with them.  I usually over water or under water or something.

Then my kids bought me these watering globes.  Have you seen them on TV?  You fill it with water and stick it in the plant.  The plant then takes water as it needs it and you only have to see if the globe is empty.  (Course then you have to go refill the globe, which I have not done with a different plant.  No excuse.)

But I have kept it up with the poinsettia and this is the longest we've ever had one look this good.  It's pretty cool.  I've found sometimes a plant will need a little more than the globe provides but then, usually my house plants die from lack of water and that will not happen if you keep the globes filled.

My plants are happy.  So am I.

6 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

They look great! Mine are still alive too but aren't looking as nice as yours.

Suzanne said...

These will thrive for quite sometime if you just give a little time and care. I've had a couple of them last well into almost summer. Someone said you can put them in a closet when they look like they are dying and they will come back. I have no idea if that is true. Maybe some of your readers know or you can check it out on the internet somewhere. Funny, huh?

Sarah - Kala said...

Suz - if you want your closet to smell musty! :-)

That plant is gorgeous! I don't have a green thumb, inside the house or out of it. Still, I will try when we own our own home - I'll do a raised box garden.

Mimi said...

Good job! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is the prettiest watering globe. I am going to have to try those.

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh! I only have one house plant... but I've tried many because I often forget to water. Those look very handy!