Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Blogging Friend and New Book Alert!

I have a new blogging friend, Nancy Carabio Belanger, the author of the new children's book Olivia and the Little Way.

I must confess that I have not yet read this book but I heard Nancy interviewed about it on Ave Maria Radio and any book about St. Therese HAS to be good. Agreed?

This is a fictional account of a fifth grader who learns the "little way" of Therese as she adjusts to life in a new school. I plan to buy two copies for Christmas presents and I urge all of you to check out this book too. I think some of the children in my life might really gain from learning about the "little way" and my patron Therese from this book.

Nancy has a post a post linked
here that answers questions about how she came to write the book.

And check out
Nancy's blog for lots of great information and inspiration from Therese!

St. Therese, pray for us!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

What a sweet book, thank you for the link!

Lyndsie Miles said...

That books looks wonderful! I'm always looking for good books that teach!

Suzanne said...

Hi, Rosemary...
Not sure if the days are still dreary there, but they have been here. I found this in my meditations this morning and thought of you, dear. Me too, for that matter! :)
Here it is:
Today can be lived in the consciousness of God's contact upholding you in all good thoughts, words and deeds. If sometimes there seems to be a shadow on your life and you feel out of sorts, remember that this is not the withdrawal of God's presence, but only your own temporary unwillingness (not necessarily you, Rosemary, I might add here)to realize it. The quiet gray days are the days for doing what you must do, but know that the consciousness of God's nearness will return and be with you again, when the gray days are past.
Prayer thought for the day:
I pray that I may face the dull days with courage. I pray that I may have faith that the bright days will return. Amen

Ave Maria, Rosie! :)

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, thank you! I can use that today. And yes, it is grey here
Mimi and Lynz, yeah sounds like a good book. I bought two copies the other day for christmas presents.

Melissa said...

I will have to go check it out! Thanks for the link :)