Thursday, December 18, 2008

Do I love my Starbucks mug????

Do I love my Starbucks insulated travel mug?!?  Yes!!

Well, most of the time.  the rest of the time I am simultaneously amazed AND frustrated at how WELL it works.

It keeps the coffee/tea TOO HOT!!!

I'm not kidding.  It stays exactly as hot as when you first poured it for a 
REALLY, REALLY long time.  The problem is, for me, this is really too hot to comfortably drink.  I keep burning myself!

However, if what you want to do is take a cup of something hot with you to Mass, but you don't want to drink it until after Mass so as to receive Communion....then it works perfectly.   After about an hour or two the hot beverage is about perfect to drink.  I'm not kidding.  It's that good. And in that situation, I just love it.

6 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have a stainless steel mug also and have noticed the same thing. I can leave it in the car with the lid closed, and after an hour the drink is just perfectly hot.

My mug can keep coffee hot for at least 4 hours. It's impressive, really.

Suzanne said...

Wow! I have one of their clear coated ones..not stainless steel..and it keeps my coffee hot for a long time too, but not quite THAT long! :) I agree though, you can sure burn those lil' lips and the tip of your tongue! Be careful! :0!

Sarah - Kala said...

I have the plastic insulated starbucks logo one (the one that looks just like their to go cups). It, too, keeps it piping hot for about the duration of Mass. It's my after Mass companion.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

That looks amazing! Gee I want one!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Hum, that sounds like a nice mug!

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Rosemary, you read my mind! I have a clearish one from Starbucks but the tea gets cold too quickly! I think I might need this industrial-strength one!