Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween Pictures... a little late


I know, I know.  Halloween was two weeks ago.  But I couldn't resist sharing these pictures.

With all the tension of the election, I just couldn't write about anything else for a few days there.

We always have fun on Halloween.  We live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids and the whole evening is filled with strong community feelings as we meet people we know, and the elderly are so happy to see kids come to their doors.



Anne and Zach came over to help.  We had one original jack-0-lantern design and one painstakingly done black cat from a pattern.
Liz was Minnie Mouse and Mary was a Cheezit box.  Mary and her dad always come up with an original costume like this--- but always with the same box.  First she was a Maytag dryer, then a Tic Tac box, then a juice box, and finally this Cheezit box.
Complete with nutrition facts on the side and advertising slogan on the back.  It was too cute.  (And as you know, I LOVE Cheezits!!)


An adult passed us while we were trick-or-treating and exclaimed, "Wow!  Cheezits!"  I hollered back, "Get your own box!" and we all laughed.

Hope you all had fun too!!

10 comments:

Jean Heimann said...

Love the costumes -- especially the Cheezits!

Suzanne said...

How did you guys get the big Cheezits sign? That was funny! I can't even LOOK at that box without gaining weight! I could eat half a box at one sitting....just wrote my post on gaining..some good info there.

Sarah - Kala said...

I'm not particularly fond of these crackers, actually, but that costume rocks!!

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, LOL, I could too! I could (have) easily eaten half a box in one sitting. She found the design online and my husband blew it up on his computer.
Thanks, all.

Alexis said...

We missed trickortreating with you all this year, it just wasn't the same. Anthony just asked me if he could be a Dalmation AND Thomas the Tank Engine for next year but what is a Dalmation without a Cruella to go along with it?

Lyndsie Miles said...

LOL! My hubby and I L-O-V-E Cheeseits! That is a great idea to use the same box each year.

Kellan said...

What cute pumpkins and costumes! I love that Cheesits costume - too cute!

Take care - Kellan

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

I love the food theme! Last year my son went as a giant Pop-Tart. There is so much junk for kids at Halloween (and I'm not talking about candy!) Not too impressed with the options at the costume shops this year. Racy, raunchy stuff filled the shelves, much to our dismay. It's great to get creative!

Rosemary said...

I totally agree about the junk, Nancy.
Alexis, we definitely missed you guys too!
Thanks, everybody!

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahaha, love the Cheeze-Its! And, cute costumes all!