Saturday, October 11, 2008

OK.  I might as well tell you.  Today is my birthday.  I went to 9:00 Mass, then Confession.  And since then I've been just relaxing.

Took my daughter to Shar Instruments to trade in her 1/2 size cello for a 3/4 rental.  That was fun.  I love being in music stores.

Now, I'm blogging and kind of watching the Michigan game where my second and third son are.

Tonight my family will make me a birthday dinner.  (I've asked for fish but beyond that I'm not sure what they have planned.)

Oh.  And  a Sanders Bump Cake for my birthday cake.  Someone told me these cakes are unique to Michigan, Sanders being a Michigan company I believe.  Has anyone not in Michigan heard of Sanders and their very delicious Bump Cakes?

Hope you're enjoying what is in Michigan a very beautiful weekend.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rosemary! Love ya!

Kalona said...

Happy Birthday, Rosemary! I'm in Texas, and have never heard of a Sanders Bump Cake. Enjoy your day!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Rose!!

Rosemary said...

Deb, Kalona, Kate, thank you!

Mimi said...

It is? Fantastic! Happy, Happy Birthday and Many Years! Treat yourself!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Suzanne said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Rosemary!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!

Happy Birthday~'sounds like you're having a lovely day. Kiss all the kiddos~esp sweet Liz and enjoy the rest of your day.

Love You!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,
Have a wonderful birthday, and enjoy your special day. I'm in Vermont, and I've never heard of this type of cake. Please share more details about the birthday dinner tomorrow.

Kitchen Madonna said...

A clink of the pomtini glass to you Rosemary! Yeah, treat yourself. And then come over for some petite fours and champagne!

Sarah - Kala said...

Happy birthday to a very wonderful, kind, generous woman. I hope you are well pampered ('cos it sounds like it). I've been in the mid-west a gazillion times, but never had that cake. My cake time is on Tuesday. :-) 39 forever, yeah?

Blessings heaped upon you!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Hmm. Our birthdays are really close. Mine was Thursday. Hope you had a nice one. Mine was fairly quiet - a few presents and dinner out, but that works for a mid-week birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rose, and many more!

Lyndsie Miles said...

What a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much, my sweet blogging friends! I will tell more about the bumpy cake soon. (Just had another piece.Mmmm)

Reenie said...

Happy birthday Rose!

Anonymous said...

A couple of days late, but I hope you had a great, relaxing birthday!