Thursday, October 09, 2008

A Meat Thermometer--the Magic Wand?


I found this box among my mother's kitchen things while emptying out their house.  Isn't it cute?  A meat thermometer-- the magic wand of a good cook!  It made me laugh.  But I guess if meat thermometers were a new thing when this came out, it would be pretty exciting.  No more guessing if a roast was done-- just measure  the temp.  Think of the times they might have been carving meat only to realize that the center was raw.  There had to have been a lot more guessing.  I use a meat thermometer pretty often.

Anyway, I love these vintage items....

4 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Vintage items have so much charm! I remember going through my grandmother's drawers and finding all sorts of neat tools. I think my favorite was an egg slicer.

Sarah - Kala said...

I love them, too.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's COOL!!
And check that price tag....

Anonymous said...

I'm always charmed by the packaging of "vintage" cooking tools. I remember cleaning out my parents' home and finding lots of cool things. Now packaging, if there is any, is more utilitarian. Older packaging had STYLE!