Thursday, October 16, 2008

Last Night's Debate

I thought McCain did well last night. He is not as smooth or unruffled as Obama but he made some good points.

He is not George Bush.

He is against higher taxes for everyone and thinks it's irresponsible to raise anyone's taxes in this economy.

Ordinary hard working Americans like Joe the plumber will be hurt by Obama's tax plan.

McCain's plan for health care for all Americans leaves choice in the hands of American families and not the government.

He has the guts to freeze all government spending at current levels for the sake of the economy.

AND, most importantly, he is pro-life. I liked that he used the terms pro-life and pro-abortion and didn't hide behind euphemisms.

I was completely flabbergasted that Obama outright lied about his repeated position on the Infant Born Alive Protection Act. If there is some technicality that Obama is using to justify this deception I'd be happy to hear it. For more information on Obama's record on this legislation click on the ad in my sidebar. Obama has the most extreme, radical position on abortion. He has virtually no respect for unborn human life. And then to lie about it to the American people... I don't know what to say. HOW could we elect this man as President. (Not to mention his lies about Bill Ayers and ACORN)

2 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

Rosemary,
I so agree. I do like the points McCain made. The same ones you wrote of. My hubby had to tell me to be quiet when he made the comments regarding abortion. I was very upset when he said that. My hubby has his own business and Obama's plan would kill most any small business and jobs along with it.
I've posted more of my thoughts on my blog. I was a little disapointed that they both didn't take responsibility for the "dirty" campaign ads they've been running. I guess I just wish everyone would be completely honest.

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
You were very forthright and correct in your summary of things during the debate. I am very moved by McCain in the way he spoke about pro-life and the abortion issue..more than any of the Presidents I think in the way he just came out with it! It was refreshing. I feel like he really means to be a brother in Christ and there are times that I think about him having all of those bones broken in prison camp and still willing to stay when he was
offered the freedom! In almost every way, he seems saintly sometimes to me! What do you think?