Friday, October 03, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jim!!!


Happy Birthday to my fourth-born, seventeen-year-old Jim!!!!!!

Today is Jim's birthday, my day to thank God for the privilege of being his mother

He is an awesome teenager, one of the most unselfish people I know.  He is so willing to sacrifice his own interests, so strong in the faith, so kind and generous.  Accept for the fact that he was rather accident prone and quite active as a toddler, he has been an easy child to raise.

He sings with madrigals at his high school.

He has the lead in the Fall play.

He is very good to his siblings.

He is an awesome football player (although he's not playing this year.)  A great hockey player, a very fast track man.

AND, he loves to defend the faith and even challenges atheists to argue with him online. 

He just really enjoys apologetics.  This is one great kid, OK???

Couldn't be prouder of him.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

AND I got to meet him! :) I couldn't agree more...I could just tell. Just the fact that he was willing to find his momma's blogging buddy in the midst of a huge retreat of teens ... to get a picture, was so sweet and unselfish. Please tell him Happy Birthday for me, will you?
God bless you, Jim, keep it up young man. May you be treated as kindly as you have treated others. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your awesome son!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jim! You are a great young man and all of our family is glad to know you (especially Tom). Hope you have a great day.

PS--ok, Rose, how did you think the debate went? Pat

Rosemary said...

Pat, I thought Palin did really well. Biden was fine on his arguments but I think Palin's winning personality is going to give McCain a jump in the polls. I hope so. We'll see.

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahahaha. The last photo just cracks me up.

Happy, Happy Birthday to Jim! Many Years! You done good, Mom.

Anonymous said...

Rose, what is the fall play? It seems so weird not having Teddy in rehearsals, and I really miss that. Maybe I'll go (I'm sure Teddy and Angela will, too). Teddy made it into the Men's Glee Club -- such a fantastic group! Ms K-M and Madrigals really prepared him well for the group.

Rosemary said...

Ruthann, that's great that Teddy is in the Glee Club!!! The Fall play is "As You Like It." Jim is Orlando. Wouls love to see you there. It opens Halloween weekend.