Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weigh-In Wednesday

Here are the numbers!!!!

This week:  Down 1/2 pound

Overall:  Down 9 pounds

I now have pants that really don't fit anymore.  I mean they're too big to really wear, even with a belt.  

Woohoo!!!

Now you may be wondering why I have the photo posted below on Weight Loss Wednesday.  It's posted because this scone is probably the reason I have only lost 1/2 pound this week AND because it's delicious.  My daughter made these.

Chocolate Chip-Peppermint Scones
(from the Pink Princess Cookbook)

1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Add chocolate chips and toss to coat with flour mixture.

Pour 1 cup whipping cream into the mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.  Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface.  Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes).  Pat dough out to about 1 inch thick.  Cut out into shapes.

Place scones 1 inch apart on two foil-lined baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Brush each scone with the remaining 2 tablespoons whipping cream and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.

Bake 15 to 2 minutes or until very lightly browned.  Serve warm and dusted with powdered sugar if desired.

WARNING:  If you're trying to lose weight having these in the house could be dangerous.  I'm proud I only had two in two days.   But it was actually dangerous for me to even take the above picture.  I so wanted to break off a little piece (just a little piece!) and stick it in my mouth.  BUT I DID NOT!!

I'm convinced that keeping weight off  has to allow for a treat once in a while.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
  

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah!
Good news!
I admire you.. I shared half of a
gooey filled chocolate ball with my husband last night to celebrate my 3 lbs. loss. It twasn't so bad. Those scones look delicious. I've come to like scones. Panera has some that are pretty good. I'll have to make some of these for a treat sometime.
Such a good sounding mixture. I'll have to wait awhile though. :)

Sarah - Kala said...

I'm missing two ingredients in order to make these, thank God! I would scarf the whole lot straight from the oven!!

You are doing great!!

Mimi said...

Whohoooooo!

I cannot impress upon you enough how you do have to allow for treats, otherwise you'll feel deprived and that is never good.

(is this where I admit I'm eating candy corn as I type?)

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, I;ll have to try Panera's. I love Panera.
JOT. I am LOL.
Mimi, I LOVE candy corn. Now that's something I really can't even let in the house. I can't stop eating them. And I know you're right about the treats. (with the exception of maybe candy corn, in my case. teehee)

cropangel said...

I too agree that keeping the weight off you have to have a treat once in a while. Just think you could of gone overboard and eaten the whole batch and now that would not of been good news.

Rosemary said...

I know, cropangel, I really could have, so I'm glad.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

YUM!!

Lyndsie Miles said...

My sister is on a very strict diet and it allows for one free meal per week. You have to enjoy life with a few treats!
That scone looked SO GOOD!!!
And I think I'm craving some candy corn now as well! It's a good thing we don't have them in the house right now.