Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My old friend Mary Ann N. stopped by my family home on Saturday.  She happened to be in town from Colorado and heard we were cleaning out the house.

We had been good friends in high school.  We realized it had probably been about 35 years since she had been at "my house."  At first we thought that was an exaggeration, then realized it was true!  I've seen Mary Ann only maybe once or twice over that time, but occasionally hear how she's doing from her brother who is still a close friend of my brother's.  Coincidentally, my son is friends with her niece and even once went to a prom with her.

What fun it was to reminisce and catch up on all the news of each other's families.

Seems like just a couple years ago that we were walking the halls of Marian High School together.  May God bless her and her delightful family.  

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

How nice! Ya'll look like the best of buddies! Did I tell you about the friend that I visited in Memphis, you know, the one with the Madonna painting? Well, we've been buddies since 4th grade! We have not been as close in the last 10 years or so and I'm trying to patch things up. Pray for us...I mean we are close, but she is having a hard time with her family coming home to Mother Church. Anyway, this is a sweet photo! :)

Lyndsie Miles said...

What a fun reunion! It is always so much fun to have a reunion with old friends, just as much as it is finding new ones!

Melissa said...

oh that must have been fun to see on old freind.

Mimi said...

What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I love it when friendships span many years. I especially value my friendship with your good self and all my blogging buddies :-)

Sarah - Kala said...

I love getting together with old friends. It's a blessing for sure!

Kellan said...

So nice to see old friends. What a sweet picture!

I was at the grocery store this evening and ran into a friend I had not seen in about 10 years. We stood there in the aisles for 1/2 an hour catching up.

Take care, Rosemary - Kellan

Forgetfulone said...

How fun!

Thanks for reading my guest post at On the Flipside today. I hope you’ll visit my regular blog, Forgetfulone

Munchkins and Music said...

Neat! It is so much fun seeing old friends!