Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday-- I'm on a roll!

HEY!!!  Guess what? 

 This was a really good week!!!  Are you ready???


This Week:    2 and 1/2 pounds down. 

  WOOHOO!

Overall:  5 and 1/2 pounds!!!!

Understand that I'm only 5 feet tall.  Five pounds is a noticeable difference for me.  I can't wear my largest size pants now without a belt.  They're actually a little too big.  

I'm eating very little fat.  I'm exercising a little more.  I've actually been to Curves with my daughter Mary three times in the last week.  

I don't want to develop honest to goodness heart disease someday because I didn't have the self-discipline to cut the fat in my diet and exercise.  Having had my recent scare I feel I've been given another chance.  The additional benefit?  I will lose weight.  

It was hard to summon the strength of will  just for the purpose of losing weight.  (I think I actually was more drawn to the enjoyment of food than the idea of being thinner.)  But the goal of keeping my heart healthy is really motivating, especially after getting a glimpse of what it would be like to take the other path.

So....I think I'm on a roll.  I've got the wheels of the rusty  wagon moving.

Thank you for indulging me in this accountability.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, that is so good, sweetie! I'm happy for you. You wanna know something else we have in common?
I'm only 5ft. too!!! Ha! :) Is that not funny? I need to lose down about 10 - 14 lbs. to get to the high end of what I should weigh. THAT will give you an idea of my weight. I'm a bit too embarrassed to share it lately. When I get closer, I'll share. I am now doing some very old Debbie Reynolds exercise tapes that a couple of older girlfriends I know has on hand. It is funny...Debbie makes you laugh. You can find them online if you are interested..other wise..Walk Away the Pounds is nice too. I am cutting back on the amount of meat I eat...like last night, we had a "steak" salad, baked potato and mixed frozen veggies and no bread. I mainly need to get some aerobics in though as I think I am doing better with amounts and some of that stuff ... bread is still hard..like with sandwiches, etc. Anyway, good good goin!

Mimi said...

Whohooooo! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Way to go.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Well done! Keep going..it's addictive!

Mandy said...

Great, great job! That is awesome! I bet you are feeling better inside and out. I am so happy for you!

Sarah - Kala said...

Fantastic! Keep it up!!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much.

Kitchen Madonna said...

Ab-fab! I want to join you! Hurrah!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Rosemary!!!