Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back from Chautauqua!


Went to Chautauqua yesterday and brought John home today.  Woohoo!  It's great to have him back home.  He was gone for seven weeks, the longest he's ever been away.  He's eighteen and he's lived at home for his first year of college.

That Steinway is singing like it's never sung before.  Wow.  Practicing seven hours a day for seven weeks really yields some results!

He wasn't home more than five minutes before he had to start playing it again.  What a delight to hear.  He didn't even want to stop for dinner.  So I took this lousy picture of him, the only one he would let me take.

Now he's out with friends and I'm so glad.  For seven weeks he lived and breathed only piano. For such a gifted kid he really lives a very normal life which I am sure he is happy to be back to.

(I know this was supposed to be "Weight loss Wednesday" but I didn't have a scale at the inn.  So tomorrow I will confess what progress or not I have made.)

1 comment:

Abby said...

Wow! How blessed you are to have such great kids!