Saturday, July 12, 2008

This is Liz, my youngest, with her dog "Lucky."  Lucky is about the sweetest dog in the world.  She is so gentle and so attached to her people.  Her mother was half Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and half Japanese Chin.  Her father was pure Cavalier.  Lucky was a gift from Lizzie's godmother three years ago.  Her dear godmother owned Lucky's mom.


Lucky for Lucky, she is getting more walks lately as I try to exercise more as part of my weight loss efforts.

Lucky used to get a little freaked around other dogs, especially those who would bark at her.  But over time she has gotten much better and now rarely barks back.  She also has come to realize that a dog barking from a window is no threat at all.  At least that's what she thought until yesterday.

A dog who lives in a house near ours ferociously barks from the window every time Lucky comes by.  It would even make me jump.  The dog looks rather pit bullish only even bigger, I think.  Guess what happened yesterday??

The darned thing jumped right through the screen and came after Lucky!!!

I thought I was going to die but instead of screaming "AHHHHHH" at the top of my lungs I managed to only get  out a tiny

"uh oh."

A friend riding by on a bike gave me a millisecond distraction from my impending heart attack and then the owner was right there grabbing him, looking flabbergasted first at her troubling dog, then the screen, then back at the dog.

To be fair, the dog did reach Lucky and in the two seconds available to him had done nothing but look ferocious.

Man.  I have never seen a dog jump right through a screen.  And I think Lucky may have to relearn that  a dog inside a house is not a threat....usually.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What an extraordinary thing to happen. I would be completely freaked out if that happened when i was walking my little dog!

Glad Lucky wasn't injured, bet Liz gave Lucky some extra big cuddles when she heard what happened.

:-)

Suzanne said...

Cute dog. Where did Lucky go on your long vacation? I want another doggie, but what about stuff like that? I don't know. Sigh.

Rosemary said...

ukok, Liz is out of town but I told her on the phone and I'm sure Lucky will be getting lots of exra hugs when she gets home.

Suzanne, because of scheduling problems there has always been someone home while some of us have been on these vacations. so the Lucky dog got to stay home! I know, it's fun to have a dog but there are those things to consider.

Anonymous said...

So glad he wasnt hurt! He is very Lucky... no pun intended!