Monday, July 14, 2008

Snuck out to the Wi-Fi

My son Jim and my daughter Mary have snuck out with me to the local Wendy's where they have complimentary Wi-Fi.  We were so disappointed when we went up to the door only to find that the dining room closed at 10:00 and it was only the drive-thru that was open until 1:00 am.  So we went through the drive-thru and then thought to ask, "Can we access your Wi-Fi from the parking lot?"  Guess what?  You can.  So here I am blogging in the car  The deal is I have 15 min. to blog and then Jim gets 15 min. for Facebook.

Guess what happened at security on the way here?  I was with Jim and the TSA official first asked him who he was.  He answered.  Then she gestured to me and said, "Who is this?  Is she your sister?"

She wanted to know if I was Jim's sister?!?!  I kid you not!!!!

I am thirty-seven years older than Jim!!!  And I was NOT wearing sunglasses.

Now I realize this may say as much about the intelligence of the TSA officials as it does about my youthfulness, but I'm still going to take the compliment.

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'll try to get back here to post again.

7 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

You must be looking good!

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, when you have a soul as beautiful as yours, it emanates darling :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that. That happened to my dad once, with me, but he does look very youthful.

Mimi said...

It's so a compliment, as you are a beautiful and youthful woman inside and out!

Suzanne said...

If this isn't the funniest thing?
Here you are on another vacation, going through the drive-through at Wendy's and bloggin in your car!!!
For pete's sake, what's next???!!!
LOL! I just found this hilarious!
Aside from funny, you could easily pass for your son's sister! You are cute as a button and there have been weirder things! Take it..and make the most of it! :) Enjoy!
OH! If you get this in the next few days, tell Jim that I am leaving to go to Steubenville! Yep..going to a St. John Bosco Catechist Conference. Keep us in your prayers. Thanks.. God bless.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just read the second part of your post to my husband, Ted. He commented, "Maybe it was meant as a joke?"

I replied, "Rose would have said so. You can tell when someone is joking."

Ted said, "Not Canadians!"

Have fun on your THIRD vacation! I am envious!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Reminds me of an incident when I was pregnant - REALLY pregnant! My older son had to have some tests that involved X-rays. When the guy was getting ready to do the tests, I asked him if I should step out of the room. He said "Why, are you pregnant?". I was flabbergasted. I was seven months pregnant, big as a house with a larger than average baby and wearing maternity overalls. And this guy was a MEDICAL TECHNICIAN! Sure gives you faith in the medical profession. Some people are just not very observant.