Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Scenes of our trip to Northern Michigan


Walking down this quiet road....
I saw this lovely creature and managed to take her picture before she darted away.
I took the girls to Mackinac Island and saw from the ferry this view of the Mackinac  Bridge.  For those of you not familiar with Michigan, the Mackinac Bridge connects the upper and lower peninsula of Michigan and divides Lake Michigan from Lake Huron at the Straits of Mackinac.
We rented bikes and rode the eight miles around the shoreline of the island.  A lovely, lovely bike ride.
The girls swam in beautiful Long Lake in Alpena Michigan.
And I spent a lot of time reading, talking, and feasting my eyes on the glory of God's creation.  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photo's Rosemary! Glad you all had such a great holiday :-)

Kellan said...

Great photos, Rosemary and it sounds like it was a glorious trip - I'm glad!!

Take care - Kellan

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Fabulous!

Sarah - Kala said...

I've been on that bridge! Last summer, in fact. I don't want to again. I can't stand being on a bridge.

It's beautiful, though.

Love your holiday pics!!

Blessings,
Sarah

Sarah - Kala said...

Rosemary,

My husband's family is spread out all over Iowa and his sister lives in MN. We went to the family reunion last year and then for a week on the lakes with his direct family and he decided to drive the UP . . . let the kids dip their toes into Lake Michigan etc. and then the, gulp, bridge. I took some good pictures of it when we drove over it, though. TO keep occupied and prayed a few Ave Maria's! There's something about being on concrete and metal spanning across the sky that sets my jaw tight, and my husband drives fast and tends to tailgate a bit . . . I end up looking like I've been to the gym after crossing these things. :-)

I'm originally from an Island in the Pacific NW. :-)

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, that sounds and looks like it was so much fun! Such beauty God as created for us to enjoy!

Rosemary said...

Sarah, I'm not real fond of bridges either. So you came from the other side!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Wow! Your pictures turned out nice. It looks like such a beautiful area. I think I need to get out of Southern California a little and see the rest of the country!