Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm OK. I'm OK!

I'm OK. I'm OK!

No heart attack.

I did better than average on my treadmill test.

God is good!  Thanks be to God.

What happened was that I woke up at 2:30 am with pressure all around my chest (back and front) that felt as strong as a labor contraction.  I'm not kidding.  It was that strong.  I was hot, sweating, out of breath.  It only lasted a few minutes but there remained a mild aching or burning.  I called my daughter the new cardiac nurse who said I should go to the hospital to be sure I hadn't had a heart attack.  With some reluctance, I agreed.

Turns out with all the tests they did today that they're 99% sure it was NOT my heart.  The most likely probability?  An esophageal spasm.  Too weird.

Anyway, thanks for the prayers and I am OUT OF HERE as soon as I get the discharge papers.  Yup, I'm still blogging in the ER.  Too funny.  Does that make me a certified addict?

10 comments:

Mimi said...

Whew! Thanks be to God!

Alexis said...

Thank goodness! Yes, you are an addict :). Actually, wouldn't you know it - we've been in and out of St. Joe's all day trying to get Anthony to allow them to xray his thumb...doc thinks it's fractured :(. Thank you Evan! If I hadn't been toting around a sobbing 3 year old I would have hunted you down!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Glad to hear everything is fine!

Rosemary said...

Thank you for your prayers, everybody!!1
Alexis, I'm surprised Anne or Mike did not run into you. I can't believe in the midst of your moving that Anthony fractured his thumb! You poor thing, two little babes, pregnant, and moving!! Take good care of yourself.

Ruthann Logsdon Zaroff said...

LOL! I think it's amusing that you had the presence of mind to make your Mac! Glad you're OK -- God is good!

By the way, I have something for you -- if I don't see you before, I'll see you at Cinderella (are you going to the gala?).

Ruthann

Sarah - Kala said...

I don't blame your for brining something along to keep you occupied, but your MAC??? You do take the cake!!

Glad you are okay! God is good!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray!

How awesome to have your own, personal nurse =0)

Have a great trip!

Love,
Mary

Kellan said...

Oh - I am so glad you are okay - how scary!

Take care of yourself! Kellan

Suzanne said...

You do beat the cake..lol!
I'm so thankful you are okay and that is all that matters. :) Still..take it easy, momma!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all, good blogging friends.