Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I can't believe Mom ate the whole thing!!!"

I was telling my adult daughter (the nurse) about yesterday's post and how I had lost a half pound this week, in spite of having bought five pounds of fudge on Mackinac island.

Her eyebrows raised.  Her jaw dropped.

Anne:  You ate five pounds of fudge and you lost a half pound?!?!?

      (I am sure that as the newly educated nurse she is thinking, boy does Mom have a metabolic          imbalance.)

(I AM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING.)

Me:  Noooo!!!! Noooo!!!  Nooo!!!!  I BOUGHT five pounds of fudge.  I only ate a little bit!

Anne:  OOOH!

She smiles a little.  I think she may be wondering why she didn't get any.

Whoops.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoops indeed! That gave me such a chuckle...and bought back a few memories, I'll be linking to you in my next post ;-)

Lyndsie Miles said...

LOL! That gives me a good laugh to start my day!

Kellan said...

How funny!

Fudge - yum!

See you - Kellan

Sarah - Kala said...

IF it's that good, I may have to suffer the UP drive again!

Funny thing, my husband's mom and one of his sisters are in Ireland for three weeks. His other sister called to say they're okay (physically and all), but "mom" is having a rough go of it. Sister surmised she'll do better now that they are leaving Dublin (city = a ton of walking; mom's not used to it and she's had both knees replaced). I don't think I'd be one week into three and complaining at all! I don't care what hurts!!!

But, mom is a home-body. We miss her. She's so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

I got some

Thank you,

Jeff

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Eat the fudge & exercise more! The best of both worlds...

Lyndsie Miles said...

You can buy "The Ultimate Gift" almost everywhere. I got our copies from Costco. Online is always a great option. You can google to find it.

Anonymous said...

Oh that gave me a good laugh!