Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rainy, rainy day...


When the Michigan sky looks it does above, it is easy to let one's mood be effected.  It's SO grey!!  A rainy day here frequently means thick, grey cloud cover with no defined clouds.  It's like seeing miles of fog above you.


But if I look down, there is still color and beauty, like the huge raindrops on this hosta.


And this lovely hanging planter that I have not yet neglected.  (teehee.  I'm trying to remember to water it.  Living things cannot live without water.  Living things cannot live without water.)  In fact, today I took it down from the porch so it could soak up this rain.


And I love this plant.  Friend Lisa L.  separated it from hers some years ago and it's been thriving ever since by the corner of my garage with, really, no effort on my part at all.  It dies every Fall, nothing left, and grows all the way back every Spring.  I love it.  I think it's called a "baptisia?"

Anyway, my metaphor and advice to myself today is that I can choose what I look at.  I can choose to focus on the good and the beautiful, or I can look at the sky and bemoan the lack of sunshine.  May I choose the beauty!!!


6 comments:

Deeny said...

You have a lovely blog. I live in the South where it get real stormy in the summertime. I am a stay at home Mom of 3, but my guys are older. 20, 18, 11.
I was just received into full communion in the Catholic Church Last Nov 20+ years of Fundamental/Protestantism. Rest of the family are in different parts of the RCIA and Children's process. However on my blog I am at the moment trying to stay religiously anonymous. But Anyway I was just searching Christian Mom sites. YOu have a lovely Family. Sincerely Deeny

Rosemary said...

Deeny, thank you. My kids range from 23 down to 11. Welcome to the Catholic Church. I'm sure that required courage on your part. And thanks for visiting my blog!!! God bless.

Melissa said...

oh the gardne is looking sooo beatiful

Kellan said...

Great advise, Rosemary - and, beautiful plants - I love Hostas!

Hope today is not so dreary. Take care - Kellan

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Motherhood and Kellan. Kellan, actually, the sky completely cleared up by about noon and we had blue sky and sunshine for the rest of the day. God is good.

catholicandgop said...

I love your pictures. We didn't really get a chance to do a garden this year (we put in a couple rose bushes and that was it). I loved looking at your flowers.

And thanks for the vacation wishes. :)