Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ouch!! New Braces

Two daughters with new braces but only one (Liz) would allow a picture.  She chose red, white and blue rubber bands and Mary chose teal (to match her outfit.)  I took them to the Dairy Queen afterwards and made chicken noodle soup for dinner.  Tomorrow will hurt more than today, the orthodontist said.

Liz asked her brother if it would hurt when they were put on.  His answer?  "It's excruciating."  Thanks, Jim.  He quickly told them he was kidding, though, and it turned out actually getting them put on really didn't hurt.

So, thank God for Motrin.  I'm sure they'll be taking it tomorrow.  In two years they should have very nice mouths. (smile)  Thanks to Liz for allowing the picture.  If you know her you can probably tell that this smile is not as full as usual.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Elizabeth~ you are as lovely as ever!

Good luck today, girls! And Jim, if I ever need encouragement , I'm not calling you!

Love
xoxoxox

Sarah - Kala said...

She's a beautiful girl. Braces do not detract one bit! God bless!!

Kitchen Madonna said...

Cute cute cute! Just imagine what the results will be!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie - I love the red, white, and blue. Leave it to the artistic one to pick such colors! by the way Rose, I never saw the entry about shopping for dresses with mom. While I read it, I got just as great a laugh as I did when it really happened!!!!

Rosemary said...

MARYANNE!!!! You actually read my blog! I should have told you to read the dress one. Remember how funny that was??!!!

Mairin :o) said...

ouch! My little miss hated getting hers tightened. She always took tylenol right before going in and right after coming out. It helped, otherwise, she was just a bear.