Friday, June 20, 2008

It will be so quiet...


My son John is leaving today for a 7 week summer piano institute.  He's 18 but he's never been away from home for longer than a week.  I'm going to miss him SOOO much.  The house is going to be SOOOO quiet.  I said someone else might have to start taking piano lessons while he's gone.  My daughter said, "No....we'll just play recordings of John playing."

He plays on this Steinway many hours a day.  I mean it's going to be eerily quiet.  Usually we can't even talk while John is playing.  For the next 7 weeks that piano is just going to sit there.

Unless... I play it a little.  Maybe I will. 

 I have always loved the piano so you can imagine what a thrill it is for me to be raising a child who can play like John can.

So, for a while, I must warn John will be on my mind.  And what's on my mind comes out on my blog.  More to come.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My nephew/Godson, also named 'John' and is 17 years old, plays the piano extremely well - in fact, Bill Conti, the composer has heard him and is advising him! John goes to St. Greg's Academy in Warsaw,PA... He is applying to Juliard - what are your John's plans?

Anonymous said...

How exciting for him and what a blessing for you!

Rosemary said...

Alexa, John is at Eastern Michigan University, primarily because he loves the professor (Eastman trained) who's teaching him there.
Simplycatholic, it is. Thank you.

Melissa said...

I hope he has a good time.

Anonymous said...

Wowee Wow Wow Rose!!

I loved your old blog in every way and this is even better! Ditto on the lovely compliment about you being the "reflection of Our Lady". My own womanhood and motherhood has been very enriched by you.

Sarah - Kala said...

Lovely new look here!!
I know you'll miss you boy! My eldest is 14 and going to camp in another state for week. He leaves in the morning. Boo hoo.

Paula Pereira said...

Hello
Beautiful Blog.
I liked it.

Paula

Suzanne said...

Not making light of it, Shane was gone last week and is supposed to be gone in July for a week to go to Mission Camp. I can see what a change this will be for you. I admire the closeness you and your children have for one another. Try to enjoy the others even more while he is away. There are reasons ...its just not what we want sometimes...its that whole "life" thing. I'll keep you in my heart as I know yours is so soft and kind. Its hard...I'm so much like you this way.
Love and prayers...