Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My New Profile Photo




YES. I changed my profile photo with the help of my one-to-one Apple personal trainer, Steve.

Course, Steve wanted me to learn everything iphoto could do. I wanted to learn it too.

So he showed me how to "edit" my photo. Then he showed me how to "retouch" it. These Apple tutors are the best. I mean I have never felt stupid with a single one of them. I have never felt any impatience from them. They never seem annoyed. And you must remember that I ask the same questions a number of times. Every one of them is as kind and as helpful as the last one. And what does personal training at the apple store cost? Are you ready? $99.00 for an entire year. You schedule 50 minute sessions and you can go as often as once a week. Yup. 52 personal training sessions. You do the math. Looks like less than 50 cents a session to me. And they'll teach you anything you want to learn, even basic computer stuff. You don't know enough to even know what you want to learn? They have little booklets with all the basic topics listed and they'll go through each one and check them off. In my opinion, it's worth buying an Apple just to be able to do this.

Anyway, I digress. I feel a little guilty about all the retouching we did on my photo. It was, after all, an educational experience. But I felt like I had done a major makeover on myself, maybe even plastic surgery. (just kidding) I did NOT, however, do anything to make me look thinner.

But for those of you who know me in real life, if you're wondering how Rose found SUCH a good picture of herself, this is the reason. It's been substantially retouched. And now you all know. I don't really look quite like that photo. It's my e-image-- a little more polished, a little more well-behaved than the real-life me........thanks to Steve. teehee


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now, that's all good and fine, but we need a polished TEMPLATE for this pretty lady, eh?

I'm waiting to hear from you! You've whetted my creativity palate!

Let's get started! roalgeroc at yahoo dot ca

(ca not com)

Alexa

Sarah - Kala said...

You always look like a lovely mom to me!! You have the kindness of Mother Mary in your eyes.

Blessings,
JOT

Rosemary said...

JOT, that is the nicest compliment I have ever received in my life. Thank you.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous photo!

Kellan said...

I love the picture - you look fabulous!!!

Thanks for your support and kindness on my post today - you are a good friend and I am so happy to have found you. Have a good afternoon - Kellan

Jean Heimann said...

Rosemary,

I noticed the new photo and have been meaning to comment on it - you do look fabulous!

There is a beautiful gentleness in your face that gives one a feeling of peace and comfort.

I enjoy reading your inspiring posts -- keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photo!

EC Gefroh said...

What a lovely photo Rosemary. You do have kind eyes.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that info about Apple. That's amazing! Usually companies charge like $99 per session for computer training like that. Since we've got an I-Mac, maybe we'll take advantage of it.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all. You are so sweet. Adrian, yeah, it's unbelievable. I love it. Thanks for stopping by.