Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Liz had a cello recital on Sunday.  I have a couple video clips but they're all turned sideways (the way I had the camera when I filmed it.)  I may post it sideways just so you can hear a few seconds of the nice sound this teahcer gets from her students.  It was a group recital.  No solos.  The music was very lovely.  I love the cello.  (So does Liz.)

Liz started cello two years ago with Kathy Savit, a wonderful Suzuki cello teacher here in Ann Arbor, who was willing to start her that old.  (Lots of Suzuki teachers want to start only very young students.)  It has worked well for her and I really like the Suzuki method.  I think I will post soon about Suzuki music instruction and why I like it.

Also, Liz and Mary are both getting braces TODAY.  If you could send a prayer their way I'd appreciate it.  I know from my two guys who now have perfect teeth that those first few days can be pretty painful. 

 

7 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

My you have talented children!

Sarah - Kala said...

Brilliant!

I've added your girls to my prayers today.

Blessings,
JOT

Kellan said...

She's beautiful and plays beautifully - WOW.

Both getting braces today - Oh Man! Chloe just got hers off recently - she was at the ortho this morning, as a matter of fact - retainer problems.

Hope it goes well - take care - Kellan

Melissa said...

wow... she really is good. I love the chello. I think it just sounds sooo amazing.

Anonymous said...

prayers going up for your beautiful young ladies...and my goodness...is this the same adorbale young girl who comments on my blog from time to time?

Isn't she just delightful, and she plays so very well. I'd love to hear more :-)

Rosemary said...

Deb, Liz says the following:

"I don't know if I'm so adorable with my braces."

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Rosemary said...

And Deb, yes, she's the one who occasionally comments on your blog. She likes your blog and she has a bond with you since you sent her all that cool scrapping stuff!