Friday, June 06, 2008

John has a concert!


Tonight John is giving a concert.  He's playing some really difficult pieces, six of them I think.  We are serving refreshments in the lobby afterwards so I'm busy baking chocolate chip cookies, cutting fruit, baking brownies, planning the serving pieces, etc.  About to go to the dollar store to see if I can find  a tub or pan sort of thing to put iced water bottles in.  (But I don't dare go until the chocolate chip cookies are safely on the platters and covered with plastic.  Several people are eyeing them and I don't want the temptation to be too great....you know.)   Not sure how many people are coming tonight and I want to be sure we have enough.

Today is the last day of school!!!!  Woohoo!  I love summer vacation.  As I bake and prepare we have on TV the parade in Detroit honoring the winners of the Stanley Cup, our Detroit Redwings.   Busy day......

Please pray for John tonight.  May his music give glory to God!  If you live around here and you want to come, please email me if you need information.  Admission is free and it's open to the public.  Hope to see lots of friends.  


9 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

John will do just fine. I hope he has FUN!! Those cookies look so yummy!!

Renee said...

Boy do I wish I was in the neighborhood. That sounds lovely! Whenever my kids perform (they are singers) I really feel it to my bones. It is as if I get to see the rest of them, as I watch the music pour out. I can't wait to hear how it went!

Rosemary said...

Journey, thank you. I didn't have any. Can you believe it? I offered my desire for both the brownies and cookies to the Lord, since it was Friday. He did do fine but felt he had played really poorly. I could see it in his face. Everybody else loved it though.

MPN, I know just what you mean. I was nearly in tears.

Rosemary said...

Did anyone notice Liz is wearing earphones? teehee It's not that she doesn't like the music. It's just that it's very LOUD! I"m sure she could still hear it very clearly.

Anonymous said...

Rose, the concert was WONDERFUL! I chatted with an older couple afterward, and they agreed that "kids" like John need to be in the newspaper -- it seems like most news stories are about the troublemakers.

He is so gifted, and I know you are proud! The turnout was great, too -- he must feel happy having so many good friends and "fans"!

Rosemary said...

Ruthann, thank you so much and thank you for coming. He does have a gift. I think the older couple (the oldest people I saw there) were Ryan's grandparents. I think John was pleased with the turnout. Nice to have such a friendly audience.

Kellan said...

Those plates of cookies look yummy - I wish I had 5 of those cookies - tee hee!

I hope it went well for John last night - I'll be he was fabulous!

Have a good day - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Rose, Teddy and I have tried to find a recording of the Casadesus Toccata. There is exactly one recording in existence (a reprint of the composer's 1950s recording, and it runs $60+) -- has John recorded it? Do you think he might? Teddy quite liked it and asked me to find it for him.

Thanks!
Ruthann

Rosemary said...

Kellan, thank you!

Ruthann we did record last night's performance and of course we can make you a copy. But John did tell me that he had mixed up a couple titles on the program. I think the Toccata was one of them, so let me check with him first. Maybe you priced a different piece. (smile) I'll let you know.