Tuesday, May 27, 2008

These apple blossoms bloomed in my backyard several weeks ago, but I have to tell the story of when my oldest was just learning about apple blossoms.  He was about three.  (Now he's twenty-three, almost twenty-four.)

The two apple trees in our backyard were in full, glorious bloom, actually a lot more abundant than in this picture taken a few weeks ago.  Course the tree was twenty years younger.  We know how that goes.

My son said, "Mom, why are there white flowers all over that tree I thought that was an APPLE tree."  I told him, "Well, it is an apple tree.  First it blooms all over with white flowers.  Then, when the flower dies, everywhere there was a flower an apple will grow.

He gave me a look of utter delight and excitedly exclaimed, "WHAT A NEAT IDEA!!!!!"

I burst out laughing and explained that indeed it was a neat idea, and that everything that God created started out as an idea in the mind of God.  I found myself contemplating this concept and amazed at the wonder God gives to his little ones.

Out of the mouths of babes comes wisdom....

5 comments:

ukok said...

What a lovely picture!

Kellan said...

I have two pear trees in my yard that bloom like that and it is - a neat idea!!

Have a good evening - see you - Kellan

EC Gefroh said...

Beautiful! I forgot how lovely they were.

Sarah - Kala said...

Love the story!! Thanks for sharing it. I think God has great ideas!!

debi9kids said...

What a sweet story!
I wanted to thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment. :)
It's always nice to meet a new "blogger".
Love your blog and the fact that you bring faith into all you do.
God bless!
Debi