Wednesday, April 16, 2008

God bless the Holy Father

How moved I am to hear and see the welcome President Bush is giving to the vicar of Christ. Welcoming Pope Benedict at Andrews Air Force Base with both his wife and his daughter, President Bush made me proud to be an American. I'm sure you've heard that this welcome at the airport is the first time any U.S. president has greeted any head of state on the tarmac.

The welcome at the White House today brought tears to my eyes. The warmth, the beauty of the music, the papal flag together with the American flag, and the gracious words of President Bush were all so inspiring. That our country and the rhetoric surrounding this event is turned heavenward, that the values of freedom, human dignity, and love are being addressed is such a blessing.

The President is honoring not only our Holy Father but all Catholics as the Body of Christ. God bless him. And may God bless the United States at this time in which He is offering us great grace and favor. May the Lord answer every prayer of Pope Benedict's for this dear country of ours. And may He keep him safe!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HOpefully the trip and visit go well. I am interested to see if anything interesting is going to happen or be announced

Rosemary said...

I am also interested in what he has to say.

Kellan said...

Yes - it made me proud too!!! Such a nice reception and it made me proud too!

Take care - Kellan