Sunday, March 30, 2008

Divine Mercy Sunday

In today's Magnificat the following words really struck me:

"In the risen Christ, wounded and glorified, we see all our hopes realized.  In him all the wounds of our hearts, minds, and bodies are transformed into holiness.  The sorrow and pain of our lives are made the source of our sanctification and joy."

"The sorrow and pain of our lives are made the source of our sanctification and joy."

Do you know how you can know something all your life and then you read the words and suddenly the reality and truth of the statement hits you in the face?  That's what happened to me with this sentence.

May the immensity of the Lord's mercy be upon us today and may it's reality be seared upon our minds.

6 comments:

Salome Ellen said...

This quote reminds me of a praise song that comes back to me regularly, usually (surprise!) when I need to be reminded:

All my wounds cry "Alleluia",
All my bruises honor You.
Every scar is now a trophy
Of the grace that brought me through.
And the tears I wept before You
When I did not understand
Are now diamonds of redemption
Shining in Your nail-scarred hand.
All my wounds cry "Alleluia";
You've redeemed them by Your own
Which You carried in Your body
From the manger to the throne,
Where Your priestly intercession
Has transformed my deepest pain.
All my wounds cry "Alleluia,
Alleluia to Your name."

A blessed rest-of-Easter-season to you and yours!

Rosemary said...

Ellen, these lyrics brought tears to my eyes. I've never heard the song. Do you know who wrote it? I would love to hear it.

Salome Ellen said...

As far as I know, it was written by Clay McLean, an Evangelical who has a healing ministry on the east coast. But it's not anywhere on the internet -- I know, because I tried to find a link for it before I posted it. And I've never had a printed copy. I learned it at a Pastoral Care Ministries school with Leanne Payne.

Stevie Moon said...

"Do you know how you can know something all your life and then you read the words and suddenly the reality and truth of the statement hits you in the face?"

That is how I felt when I first learned about the Catholic Church's teachings on NFP. It was like the truth I already knew deep down was suddenly right in front of me. That is why I'm trying to promote this with my NFP Conversion Stories carnival. I hope you'll check out my post on this and promote it for me! And I'll be giving away two Divine Mercy single decade rosaries! I tried to find your email but couldn't so sorry to do this in comments!

Rosemary said...

You got it, Stevie. Great idea. I don't know why there is not email button on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Www.mcleanministries.org

Click on music cd's

God be with you!