Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I like Huckabee

I'm sitting here watching the primary returns.  I like Huckabee.  I like that he continues to surprise people with the votes he's getting.  I know he's a long shot but if it goes as far as the convention.....I don't know.  Maybe he has a shot.

He just seems like such a decent man.  He is so unabashedly pro-life.  He's articulate.  He's likeable.  He lost over 100 pounds.  You've got to respect a person who can do that.

And I like the fact that he has compassion for the poor and working classes of this counry. What's wrong with that?

Sorry I haven't been posting much.  I haven't been doing much reading either.  Too much going on!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I like that he's not left the race. It's like a last fight for truly conservative values, not just "I'm pro-life if it will get me elected." For me, it underscores the point that so many pro-life bloggers have been making for a long time: we're unhappy with the wishy-washy candidates that the GOP keeps providing!

I haven't been around the blogosphere much lately. Glad to see that all is well with you and yours. Congratulations on the lovely piano! :-)

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Catholic Wife, I haven't been able to blog much lately either.
I'm glad he's still in the race too. It sends a message to the Republican party that there are many socially conservative Republicans that should not be ignored.