Friday, February 01, 2008

The arrival of the Steinway


Here was the newspaper template my husband made so we could see how much space the new piano would occupy and figure out where and how we could still have seating in our living room.

Here is the eighty some odd year old piano we have had forever. I learned to play on it when I was a little girl. It had belonged to my Great Aunt Marguerite who was an accomplished pianist and had had it rebuilt maybe 40 years ago? This is the piano John has always played at home. It's now upstairs in his bedroom.


And HERE IT IS!!! The STEINWAY!!! It's 33 years old, in fantastic condition and has hardly been played. Well, that is, until two days ago. Now it's played every time John is in the house. The sound is unbelievable. It's like music from heaven. This photo is John playing minutes after the movers left, Liz having already set up a fort of some sort underneathe. At my next one-on-one coaching at Apple I'm going to ask them to teach me how to post videos so you can hear it.


Here is one happy guy playing his dream piano.  God is so good.



7 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

How beautiful Rosemary! What a terrific find! BTW, your old piano looks a lot like ours. Who made that one?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
Liz is so funny because I asked her about the new piano. Though I know she's excited for her brother, that new fort-action is a total BONUS for her! BIG smile!

What an engineer-husband, placing a template on the floor. We would have moved it in and hoped for the best. Great idea!

Love

Renee said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on the new purchase and I can only imagine the joy in your son's heart to get to play such a beautiful instrument. I'll look forward to the video.

Blessings!

Rosemary said...

Esther, it's a Baldwin Acrosonic. I always really liked it. Mary, I know. Liz is so funny. And i would not have thought of the paper template idea either. It was a huge help-- cause you don't want to get that baby in the wrong place. LOL
MPN, thank you. i hope to do the video clip with my Apple coach on Monday.

the mother of this lot said...

What a fantastic idea - making a newspaper template! Enjoy your piano!

Alexis said...

Wow! That's so exciting! John must be floating on air - and it's not so bad for you either!

FloridaWife said...

This is so awesome that you bought a STEINWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!