Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy Day

I am actually writing this post on my new Mac.  My husband finally got it connected to the internet, with help from Apple.  I had my first one-on-one training today and I learned a lot of basic stuff.  Still an awful lot to learn.  I'm excited.  It's like starting a new class or a new school year.

Took the girls to the dentist.  I had taken the newest Notre Dame magazine with me and was looking forward to some quiet reading.  Liz went to the children's book rack and pulled out one of the only two books they've ever had there.  I've read them both many times.  Liz picked one up and said to me "Mom? For old times sake?"  I said, "You mean you want me to read it to you?"  I was so tempted to say, "How 'bout you read it to yourself," when I stopped myself.  How many more times will she ask me to read to her.  She's 11.  So I spent the waiting time reading Curious George to her.  I'm glad I did. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! And knowing Liz , even moreso. She is a doll face!

Mac-envy going on here big-time, Rose!

See you soon!
Mary

Mimi said...

Sniff, sniff. So sweet!

Rosemary said...

Mary, you know where the Apple store is...We could go to these workshops together, Starbucks in hand...not to tempt you or anything. (I'll stop.