Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Victory for John!!!


Guess what???

My son John has won a concerto competition at EMU!! I must say, I have heard John play in many competitions. Sometimes he's played really well and sometimes not his best. On Sunday he knocked their socks off!! When I saw him later at home I just said, "John, you rock!!" It was fabulous. I guess when he was watching football all day on Saturday and told me he didn't really need to practice any more, he was right!!

This means in February he will play the concerto movement (by Prokofiev) with the EMU Symphony. He's never played with a symphony before, of course. It will be a wonderful experience for him and we are all so happy and proud!!!

10 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

WOW!!! (What else is there to say?) You should figure out how to upload a recording of his concert for those of us not close to EMU :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations John!

Mimi said...

Yay! Congratulations!

EC Gefroh said...

Congratulations! Your family must be thrilled!

Cath said...

Congratulations! You must be so proud of him!

Denise said...

I second Barb's suggestion. I would love to hear him play. God has blessed your son with tremendous talent and it looks like he is doing wonderful things with it. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

A big high five to John! Of course,it must be a very gentle high five, so as not to damage those fine hands =0)

Congratulations to him his proud parents and family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rose, I am so happy for you as a mother! You must be bursting with pride! Please give John my heartiest congratulations!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much.

Gentle Whispers said...

congratulations john!!! i can imagine the pride u feel.