Saturday, October 06, 2007

Exhausted!

I worked for hours at the concession stand at my son's high school homecoming football game. It was sooo busy. We were working non-stop. It was 80 some degrees-- uncomfortably hot.

We had trouble keeping the drinks cold since we needed more ice and it was so hot. I was amazed at how unpleasant some people were about the drinks not being cold enough. This was a little concession stand at a Catholic high school football game. Some were hostile. Others sarcastic. But most people were very understanding and some didn't care at all. They just wanted something wet. I guess the others were probably irritable from the heat.

Anyway....I'm sooo tired. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness me, I don't think some people realise that volunteers don't get paid. Out of the kindness of their hearts they volunteer to do good for others and then get it in the neck when things aren't being run like a professional business or something!

Hope you wake up refreshed from your very well deserved rest!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!

To those hostile ones we say, "What goes around comes around!"

How was the Living Rosary?

We were at two soccer games and one football game and a partidge in a pear tree...whew! What a great weekend, though.

Love to All

Rosemary said...

Deb, I know. And thank you, I did have a good rest.
Mary, the rosary went really well. I'll have to tell you about it. How were your games?