Saturday, September 01, 2007

Was I proud of this guy?

Here is my son Jim, number 23, coming off the football field after his first game this year. Last year he had very little playing time. Maybe some of you remember my post when I was so excited about his having scored a touchdown with a seventy yard run, one of the few times he was actually put in and given the ball.

Well.... he played almost the entire game today!! And boy did he play! He had numerous tackles, blocked a pass, intercepted the ball, had a number of great runs, and even received a pass and ran for a touchdown!!! Seeing my son who has worked so hard on his football skills and had so little playing time last year have a game like this just made my heart proud. I think it was the most exciting football game of my life. (I'm not a big football fan in general, but watching Jim succeed like this was just awesome.) I made a total fool of myself screaming.

OK, I'm sure he'll say I should add that he also fumbled twice when he himself recovered the ball and once when a teammate recovered it. I say, so what? No harm done.

He just had an unbelievable first game. You can see from the smile on his face that he had a lot of fun out there. I can't wait till the next game. And Lord, please keep him safe. Please protect him and his teammates from injury, and may they play for Your glory.

(Thanks for letting me brag....:-)





5 comments:

Daniel Newville said...

Go Jim!!and yes, Lord, keep Jim safe! I think he'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jim!

Rosemary, if we can't be proud of the accomplishments of our children then I don't know when we can be proud. This isn't a self righteous pride, this is a parents natural joy at witnessing their children make use of the talents that God has blessed them with. So enjoy, enjoy and may your children always use their gifts for the Glory of God!

Mimi said...

Whohoooo! Go Jim!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Great job, Jim!!! :)