Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dyslexia as a Gift

Dyslexic people are visual, intuitive, highly creative, multi-dimensional thinkers.
Guess what the following list of people all have in common.

Mark Twain, Edgar Allen Poe, Agatha Christie, Hans Christian Anderson, Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, Wright Brothers, Henry Ford, Louis Pasteur, Leonardo DaVinci, Michaelangelo, Julius Caesar, Walt Disney, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Orlando Bloom, Winston Churchhill, Benjamin Franklin, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Beethoven, Mozart, General George Patton

According to Bright Solutions (http://www.dys-add.com/sitemap.html all of the above people had ADHD, dyslexia, or both. And to think there are still people who think that dyslexics are stupid or just need to work harder. I'd say the above list is evidence to the contrary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just whizzing by the blogs on my blogroll to let ya'll know that I've moved URLs - if you're interested in keeping up with me, which I'm not presuming you are - but do hope you are! Here's the link: Alexa

Anonymous said...

Hey you can't claim them..lots of them were manic-depressive so they're on my list! lol!

Rosemary said...

Mrs. Jackie, LOL, sometimes it seems that the more challenged a person is the more potential there is for achievement...