Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Memorabilia

This week I have been doing a lot of work on my parents' estate. So many little items bring back so many memories. This is one of them. (If I've written about this before bear with me.)

In our neighborhood growing up in Fort Wayne, IN, my mother always had a neighborhood May Crowning at our house. It was very simple. We made a little crown out of flowers from the yard. We carried candles. We giggled. And all the moms came to watch. This is the statue we used to crown. It's little. Nothing special. But it means so much to me now to have it on the windowsill above my sink and to remember that my mother took the time to teach us about the queen of heaven.

I took it from the house with the candles that were still in it. They were all dusty-- perhaps from the last May Crowning. I can almost feel my mother smiling.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

That's so beautiful!

Suzanne said...

This is so precious, Rosemary.
I love it too.

Rosemary, if you can email me so that we can exchange emails, I'd like to write to you sometimes. I put an explanation of sorts on my blog, except I didn't ask for your email there..I don't think you wanted it public. Right? Anyway, I believe mine is posted so you can send me a message with yours in the return place.
Suzanne

Suzanne said...

Rosemary, I just noticed that you cannot get my email from my blog either. It used to be on, but it isn't now..though I am glad for that.
So, it is suz.mcconnell@insightbb.com
if you wish to write. I'm sorry you'll have to jot it down as this may not come out on your comment box as a "link." We'll see. :)
JMJ be with you.