Monday, July 16, 2007

It was fun!!

Oh my goodness, the party was so much fun. I had fun, anyway, and it looked like everyone else did too. We had a big turnout, perfect weather (sunny and mild), and plenty of food. Our neighbor lent us all their patio furniture so we had plenty of room to spread out and sit and eat. Kids were on the trampoline, on the swings, playing basketball at our driveway net, and playing volleyball in the front yard. From 9 to 11 we had our neighborhood pool rented and even though it wasn't real hot, all the kids went down and swam. Some even came back after swimming and took a sauna and ate leftovers.

Our guests seemed to feel comfortable and most stayed quite a while and chatted and ate. I love that.

Wish you all had been there!!! (Well, I know a couple of "you" actually were. Thanks for coming!)

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great! Glad it all turned out so well!

Stevie Moon said...

Whoo hoo! Success! Glad it was fun - I'm sure the grad had a wonderful time and will carry the memories into the future!

Mimi said...

Whohoooo! I know you were stressed, and I'm so glad it went well!

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Suzanne, Stevie, and Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

What a FUN and FESTIVE party!!!! Your family is just terrific and it was great to see everyone-family and friends-celebrating. We all had such a great time and it was hard to PRY my kids away. It was really nice that you held this party with another family AND in July. Hats-off to you, lovely hostess! You're my party-girl-idol!!!

Love ya!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Good food, good weather, great company....what could be better!

So glad that everything came together for you on the day :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish Teddy and I could have come, but we just returned from vacation. We'll be going through this with him next year, so we're making lots of notes! I'm not much of a party-giver, so I'm already stressing out! LOL!

Rosemary said...

Mary, I was so happy you and your family were able to come! It's always great to have you here. Thanks for coming. I'm glad you had fun.

Deb, thank you. Wish you and your family could have been here!

Ruthann, we would have loved to have had you and Ted here! And I'd be happy to help you with Ted's next year, if you'd like help. I also have serving stuff you might want to borrow (things I've used dwith the last 3 parties:-)