Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Mary O.!!!!


Happy Birthday, Mary O.!!!! What a fun time we had tonight celebrating Dear Friend Mary O's birthday. It was a ladies' night out for dinner. The food was great, the conversation lively. We had a lot of good laughs, as you can see. I hope Mary O. and I didn't bore our other two friends too much with our enthusiastic discussion of the joys of blogging, why it's so much fun, how Jim met Suzanne, how it works, you don't have to know much about computers, etc. They may indeed have decided we're both nuts....smile


Anyway, happy birthday to Mary who often comments on my blog as "anonymous" but of course, I always know who it is. Thanks for inviting me to this fun party-night. May God bless you this birthday and for many, many more to come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mary!

(which one is Mary in the above picture,Rosemary?)

Rosemary said...

Mary is in the red jacket. She is the one who has fiercely defended Notre Dame in previous posts. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary!

...and thanks UKOK =0)! Thanks, too, Rosemary for celebrating my birthday. I am super-blessed by the presence of women like you in my life. To quote that Josh Groban song... "You raise me up so I can stand on mountains...." And I started reading that JPII book you gave me...inspirational =0)!!!!

Reflecting on our "cheerleaders for blogging" conversation, the other thing I like about reading everyone's blogs is that they are like "coffee with the girls" at ANY hour!

So love and prayers to all of you fine women out there who, through Rose, have touched my life too =0)!

BTW, there is an excellent quote reagrding womanhood by Archbishop Fulton Sheen on one gal's blog. Since I can't recall which blog, the quote reads; To a great extent the level of any civilization is the level of its womanhood. when a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more her character, the more devoted she is to the truth, justice and goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.

Love to All,
Mary

Rosemary said...

Wow, Mary, I love that quote. Rightly puts a lot of responsiblity on us, doesn't it.

Yes, it's like coffee with the girls at any hour. So true. And we can do it throughout the day in the little windows of opportunity we have. :-)

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Happy Birthday, Mary! :)

Suzanne said...

The quote was posted on Kitchen Madonna's blog...everyone loved it!
Wow! :)
Happy birthday, Mary!

Kitchen Madonna said...

Happy Birthday Mary!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kitchen Madonna,Angie and Suzanne! You brightened my birthday with your wishes =0)!

Have a blessed, relaxing day today!
Mary

PS I miss Rose and she only left yesterday!