Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Catholic and Loving It"


Andrew Salzmann is a 2005 alumnus of Notre Dame. Sabitha Narendran is a 2006 alumna of Notre Dame. (Yes, 2006!!!) Yeah, that makes her about 23 years old. Sabitha is the daughter of a Hindu father and a Catholic mother. I know her mother. I remember when Sabitha was born. Here is her first book. Four years at Notre Dame and she's "Catholic and loving it."
Who knew?
I have my copy but I haven't read it yet. I will comment more on it when I have. It looks like a great source of information on Catholic traditions. Mark Hart describes the book in his introduction as "a great resource for the young, single Catholic who longs for a deeper Church experience.
Congratulations, Sabitha. And congratulations to her mother and father for raising such a faith-filled capable daughter.
(I just checked Amazon for this book and it's not listed yet, so perhaps it is not out yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome is this! What a fantastic achievement, not only the book but the vibrancy of faith.

Thanks for sharing, and please do write us a review as you progress through the book :-)

Rosemary said...

I will, Deb. This mother was clearly awesome in transmitting the faith. The father is hindu so it was all from her mother.

Denise said...

On Barnes and Noble they say the book will be released on June 28. It sounds wonderful! I will be buying a copy or two for my kids.

Suzanne said...

Wonderful! It is so funny, I am just now reading through two different books on Catholic Traditions and where and why we do some of them and
their history, of course.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!

God bless

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I'll be interested in hearing about how it is!