Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ten Things About Me Meme

I have been tagged by Aldara from Catholic Mommyhood to do this ten things about me meme.

1. I lived in Japan for a year.

2. I lived with chronic hepatitis C, contracted from a blood transfusion, for 20 years before being successfully treated with interferon and ribavirin. The virus is now undetectable. Yea!

3. My great grandfather immigrated to this country from France to be the personal chef of one of the Vanderbilts.

4. My mother's heritage is 100%Irish.

5. I like to garden.

6. I like to write.

7. I like to debate matters of truth and morality.

8. I am now the proud mother of one college graduate.

9. I do not feel old enough (or mature enough) to be in my fifties.

10. I do not enjoy exercise (except for gardening and walking-- nothing too strenuous:-)


I tag James and anyone else who is looking for something to write about.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Great to get to know about you better - what took you to Japan?
French-Irish, eh? Fascinating.
And, a chef?

Rosemary said...

Mimi, (I don't know why this post is duplicated), I was trying to learn the Japanese language, as a linguistics major. And yeah, a chef. And we only have ONE recipe of his. It's for a salad dressing. I'm sure the Vanderbilts didn't bring him to the U.S. just for that LOL How family histroy gets lost.

Anonymous said...

Too tired to think of 10 things today..so i'll cheat & go with 10 kids!

Rosemary said...

Mrs. Jackie Parkes, that's too funny! smile (It did take a little effort.)