Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Calling to the Priesthood?


Please pray for a man who is discerning a calling to the priesthood. I know this man and I think he would be a wonderful, and I mean WONDERFUL priest. But, it's not up to me.
Please pray that God would lead him very clearly and that the way would be smoothly paved for him if indeed God is calling him.
And please pray that Satan would be hopelessly unsuccessful in any attempt to confuse this man or to present obstacles to his walking the path the Lord desires for him, whatever that might be.
Oh Lord, you know who I'm talking about. If it be your will please give him a certain sign, that he might have every reason to feel completely confident that this desire within him is, in fact, a calling from you.

9 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Sending prayers!

Aldara said...

I am sending prayers too...we need good priests!

ukok said...

Of course, I will be happy to pray for this man as he discerns his vocation to the priesthood :-)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I will pray that the Lord blesses this man during his time of discernment and, if he does enter the seminary, that his studies and eventual priesthood will be blessed as well.

Rosemary, please share this prayer with him:
St. Francis' Prayer at the Foot of the Cross
Most High, all-glorious, all-good God,
Bring light to the darkness of my heart.
Give me right faith, firm hope, and perfect charity,
With wisdom and insight, O Lord, that I might always discern
Your holy and true will.

Suzanne said...

Believe in the power, because at one time not long ago, our town had 4 priests who misled many people. It was very sad...not one priest seemed to be able to be anything but wishy washy....well, one and things turned out terribly with him, later, so anyway, the point I was going to make, was that several people I know,
myself included, prayed and begged God's mercy to send our area good and holy priests. I would say that at this time, we have 2 good holy priest, 3 holy Franciscan Frairs,
and 2 other priests that are very teachable and the holy in them is coming forth with more prayer.
Continue to pray for this man, we will...as one commentor said, we need good and holy priests! Amen!
Come Holy Spirit!

Renee said...

praying here!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all for your prayers. Barb, he reads this blog and will see the prayer from St. Francis that you recommend. It is a beautiful prayer. Did I ever tell you that my mother was a secular Franciscan?

Aldara said...

yes...all you have to do is post 10 interesting things about you! I look forward to reading it! Happy Mother's Day!
Blessings
Aldara

Anonymous said...

I love praying for priests, priests-to-be, Religious and Religious-to-be, and for all others.. but even if I didn't like it, prayers for vocations are needed daily. I'll add this fellow to my prayers today.